View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 11:08 AM
jackie moon
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2011
Position: A320 FO

Originally Posted by eaglefly View Post
Personally, I think that perhaps US Airways recruitment didn't consider that their desire to have current airline pilots wear their present uniforms to a US Airways pilot interview might cause conflict with their present employers employment policies, a practice BTW that I'm not sure any other carrier does. Perhaps, someone could simply ask them in advance how they should handle that situation if it concerns them. Actually, bringing that question up as part of a pre-interview interaction might just put that candidate in a better light showing that they are concerned with meeting their employment obligations to an employer and that they are even aware of a potential conflict as opposed to the majority that either have no clue because they don't spend much effort in reviewing those policies or worse yet, simply don't give a damn like some here.

One asked why should they care if their regional might get upset if they bust policy and wear their uniform for personal reasons off-duty, if they're going to a major ? Well, if I was a regional looking to stem attrition and I was aware of this infraction, it may be an attractive way to impede attrition.....kinda like tightening the standards in the training/checking environment and loading up pilots with an unsat to reduce the chances of them leaving. Not saying anyone does this, but suppose you were seen in Charlotte wearing your uniform and it got back to whomever you weren't on a trip and don't live there (typical crew room tongue-wagging scuttlebutt) ? Long odds, sure, but crazier things have happened and if a regional sees a lot of pilots leaving for US Airways and knows about this, well...........who knows ?

I'd hate to be the poor schmuck who gets christened the first poster boy for this, you know.....you get turned down by US Airways and now have a letter in your file by an unsympathetic and retaliatory management at your current short-staffed regional with the crappy management that hates pilots.

It's just something to consider, that's all.
Maybe people should not listen to someone who didn't get the job without a flow. Did your critical thinking help you get an interview or job anywhere else in your 20+ years at eagle? I really really think you are giving awful advice. I'm not trying to be a jerk but maybe people should listen to the people who have actually been through the process and been hired. Airlines have been know to not hire people for much less. It's their game and they make the rules.