View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 04:51 AM
tsquare
No longer cares

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: 767er Captain

Originally Posted by gzsg View Post
Interesting you are concerned with the $7 billion debt. Obviously Anderson is not the least bit concerned or he would not be buying back stock and paying dividends.
Oh really? Hmmmmmm Well, OK, define "concerned" and we might take this a little farther. Other than that, you pretty much have your foot in your mouth up to your kneecap.

This June he will complete the initial stock buyback a full 2 years early and at the BOD meeting he will announce a second buyback as well as an increase in the dividend.
And what do you believe the purpose of a stock buyback might be? Pump up the stock price? Can't wait to hear your answer on that.

Don't get off on a wild goose chase initiated by management when they come to EVERY MEC meeting and issue the talking points that are then repeated by the lemmings.
Interesting choice of words. I listen to what Mr Anderson (and the other EVPs) says in the LCP meetings. (Actually I also listen to investor day podcasts and quarterly report briefings.. that are publicly available) I also compare what he says this time, to the one before that, and the one before that, and the one before that... and you know what? It is really remarkable just how truthful he has been historically with the LCP group. In my most recent notes, there are already 2 things that have come to fruition SINCE they were spoken of in March. You might call that being a lemming, I prefer to call it research.

In True Headings 14-2 buried on page 3, the MEC commits to a "historic" C2015.

Follow the MEC and their commitment. Don't fall into the same old trap of repeating management's nonsensical talking points to lower expectations.
I agree that 2015 will be historical. And it should be. Of course a few PDs that want to strike the company just to make their point would change all that, but that is a minor detail... Interesting that many of the negadeltas here keep saying that the MEC has no "goals" or committing to anything. Sounds as if you just proved otherwise. The rest of your statement is itself nonsense. I am not trying to lower expectations, quite the contrary. Take the blinders off and look around you. It's gonna get better and better around here.