View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 08:12 PM
KoruPilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: Contract purgatory

That was the way it went until recently, as I understand it, but the way he tells it is that they are hiring in front of him due to training costs, or some excuse like that. I think it might have had something to do with hiring for off-shore bases, but that is my assumption. I'll send him an email though as it has been a fair few months since I have last spoken with him. Perhaps the upgrade is at least in sight now.

With us (Air NZ) it went from 8 years to upgrade, to four years, back to 7-8 years as of the end of 2006, and now it is looking like it might be less than 4 years. There is a bit of movement all of the sudden, with a couple SO's going left seat B737, and some B744 right and left seat slots opening up. There are also DEFO B737 slots and a bunch of DESO (considered same position as 737 FO) on the 777 and 744. The CP told me that they would be anouncing another order in the next couple of months as well, likely for 773ER's and 789's. Things do change quickly.

I just got another call from Rishworth for a B767 right seat job, so they must be getting to the bottom of the barrel.