Old 04-08-2014, 12:06 PM
AJ8443
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2014

Interviewed in Feb at DAL with an all mil interviewee group. All hired, great guys, all clearly read up on interview prep (emerald coast and study gouge) and manners/presentation. Red ties.. The cafeteria had good food and they are hiring loads of young FA's concurrently. Overall very positive experience.

Regarding the airline apps, received emails requesting more info on education and work history from DAL. I needed to add High School GPA, and took my work history all the way through relevant jobs in High school. Seemed a bit excessive but I referred to those HS/college jobs during the interview. Received the invite email the following week.

Flt hours did not seem to be scrutinized beyond basic review of logbook, which occurred behind the scenes. They have probably about 1 hr to review all your stuff it seems. Like most people, I spent many neurotic hours at home pouring over everything in advance. Just make sure all the numbers are the same between airline apps (don't worry about conversion), resume, logbook etc.

The interview did not seem scary or hard like the previous posted Skywest experience, and no mind games like the Southwest secretary apparently. Take off your jacket when offered if you think you'd be more comfortable. I kept mine on, just smile and be polite throughout. Interview was in a small room with 2 CA's and 1 HR guy. Be sure to hit the safety, conservative, team work, humble/complimentary, protect-the-company themes in your stories. If there's a ding in your record somewhere, polish that turd! Don't make excuses, hit the lessons learned and how it helped you succeed later (easy for IPs). All super friendly and happy to have you there. Mr Kraby (hiring manager) is a nice guy.

Long wait for upcoming training dates but well worth it for me!