Old 04-08-2014, 12:25 PM
Deuce130
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: 777 FO

Originally Posted by John 3:16 View Post
  • Read all the gouge you find on here, and STUDY what they tell you to study!
  • Do a frickin simulator prep!!!! 3 guys within 30 minutes sent packing due to simulator failures. PAY FOR A FEW HOURS IN A FRASCA 142 SIMULATOR!!
  • Read and memorize "The turbine pilots manual," and the FARs.
  • Completely understand Jeppesen. I mean EVERYTHING. Every single symbol on the low charts, approach plates, high charts, EVERYTHING!
  • Know EVERYTHING about every TAF and METAR symbol, meaning, etc.
  • Understand turbine engines completely, high speed aerodynamics completely, large aircraft systems completely
  • Do an interview prep course so you know how to handle the CRM exercise and the "interview" part.
  • Bring your required paperwork in to them in a binder. This is a PROFESSIONAL job interview, and throwing a stack of rumpled up and stained paperwork at them in no particular order, forcing them to have to dig through this mess to find what they need is UNPROFESSIONAL and puts you behind the power curve before you even start
I don't know anyone that knows all of this. Memorize all of the FARs? Everything about Jeppesen? METARs and TAFs? Yeah, I had to look up some METAR codes yesterday as a matter of fact. And what in the world is the Turbine Pilot's Manual and how does one memorize it? Is this all legit?