View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 08:14 PM
Kellwolf
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2010
Position: A320 FO

Originally Posted by amcflyboy
Is he a management BOOB that is offering you a good deal if you vote no?
That's it. Busted.

'Cause if I don't tow the ALPA line, I'm a "juicer" or management. Maybe if I'm lucky, I might be "too new to know better."

Newsflash, guys that think and act that way are no different than management. Just on the other side of the coin.

For those that think there likely aren't deals offered from ALPA to get things accomplished, good luck in your version of reality. Those of us that have been committee volunteers for 6 years, a committee chair and borderline almost ran for a rep position obviously have no clue about the organization.....

And again, for the record, I didn't vote "no." I just didn't vote for ALPA. However, apparently even a vote for unionization isn't good enough for many around here as I've been told to shut up and stay out of it a few times if my vote wasn't for ALPA. If these are the people that get voted in as reps, it's not gonna be all that great around here. We'll just swap one bad guy for another. We'll be told "This is how it is, vote this way or get out of the way." Thankfully, the recall process (once you finally get it started) does work. Finally had to recall one of our base reps that had been doing the job for way too long and just assumed everyone would go with what he said rather than researching on their own.