View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 07:03 AM
EWRflyr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: 737 CAPT

Originally Posted by sovt
4. Not allowing L-CAL pilots to bid all our vacation in our normal bidding cycle. Sole effect, harm L-CAL pilots...
The vacation bidding is the easiest to address:

If by "our normal bidding cycle" you mean the schedule that was in the previous L-CAL contract, than sorry it doesn't exist and isn't the "normal bidding cycle" now.

L-CAL pilots had the same opportunity to bid for their vacation as L-UAL pilots because we are all United pilots under one vacation bidding system. I was able to bid all my vacation under the current bidding cycle.

The vacation bidding process was a complete cluster and mess from the beginning. As a result it was rushed and "fixed" and reworked as the bidding process went along. That is ALL the company's fault and everyone was affected by it. I would agree that the rushed process caused bidding errors and a bit of confusion though.

Unity is what people make of it. I am looking forward. I have welcomed all pilots onto the flight. I have gone out of my way to help L-UAL pilots when they have asked me questions. I will not be part of pilots suing pilots either because an outcome wasn't something someone liked. I will not be a miserable person going forward and take it out on my fellow pilots. Unity takes work and effort. We have no one to blame but ourselves if we don't make the choice to move forward as one pilot group to make this airline succeed. Right now management is doing plenty on its own to mess things up; they certainly don't need our help in doing the same.