View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 01:53 PM
Hillbilly
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2013
Position: 7ERA

Originally Posted by Nantonaku View Post
Why does Delta care? That seems kind of far fetched, someone at Delta gets paid to collect names from someone at Endeavor, enter them into a database and compare every single applicant against a database to see if they no-showed for an Endeavor interview? Not to mention most of these applicants will not be qualified to apply to Delta for years, will this collection of names still be around then? It seems like a lot of work for nothing, I would think the employees at Endeavor and Delta have better things to do with their time. The responsible thing to do would be to cancel your interview if you can't make it but let's not fool ourselves and think that Delta cares at all about what happens at Endeavor.
Originally Posted by tom14cat14 View Post
The last time I went through recurrent this is what they were telling us. Anyone who no shows either the interview or class is black listed for Delta hiring in the future. This was their way (both Delta and 9e) to get people in the class rooms and stay here. Of course this could all be just one big rumour they are spreading however I think it is feasible. There are Delta people that very involved in our hiring.
Originally Posted by Bartok View Post
Why is this hard to believe?

Delta runs everything now. Payroll, hiring, every back office process that Endeavor has.

It's not hard to pop a name in a database. They have one they use at Delta already.
Originally Posted by MrMustache View Post
Lets think about this. Delta and Endeavor use Airline Apps. Both have the same minimums so one would be dumb to not apply to both, not to mention how simple it is. So say someone no shows all Delta will have to do is go find the persons app and write something in their app. They have to have some way to write remarks, that way it will always be associated with their app.
Originally Posted by pa28dakota View Post
I too have heard that HR is doing this to no shows, either for interview or class, from a CRJ-200 check airman who also sits on some new hire interview panels. Resounding what was already said, show up or graciously cancel...common courtesy really.
It would not surprise me in the least if they were doing this. If you no show without cancelling, I believe they would make note of it as it is reflective of one's character. Electronic record keeping is a piece of cake for something like this and could be easily sent as an electronic file to Delta or even noted in the employer access to AirlineApps. The COO at Endeavor previously served as the Director of Flying Operations at Delta. He is a Delta pilot still on the list as of today and shown as being in a supervisory position. He is essentially on loan to Endeavor.