View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 05:28 AM
CousinEddie
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012

[QUOTE=sovt;1621751]
Originally Posted by hopeSales View Post

In my 27+ years of airline flying including, three major airlines, two bankruptcy filings, three mergers, three difficult contract negotiations and three furloughs I have never seen or heard of the kind of stuff that has gone on here.

What you guys have conviently forgotten is UAL was dead in the water without CAL. I know you don't wish to hear it but facts are facts. Your company had not invested in their product for over a decade. Aircraft that were marginally maintained much less upgraded.

You guys continually harp about JP being the bad guy. Well at least he fought for the group he was charged to represent. Now that we have one MEC I'm sure I can count on them representing one group; the former L-UAL group

In closing, I am not part of any suit. For a number of reasons it is destined to fail. As to your premiss that the UAL ALPA has done wonders for the pilot profession, well, you are delusional. Remember the summer of 2000. Great job. You guys got the general public, the legal profession and congress so ****ed off that the thought of any work action by any group gets shut down in court. Great job guys.
Yet we didn't get hit with a $45 million fine like APA did for their sickout which happened before C2000. If what UAL ALPA did was so off base then, where were the legal eagles that you claim we enraged? All I did that summer (and everyone else) was fly my published schedule. No picking up open time, coming in on a day off, etc. That is the primary factor that the operation could not handle. Had you been around then, I'll bet you would have done the same thing coming off the ESOP and having the USAir merger just announced.