View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 06:27 AM
Paok
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Heavies

If you don't have TPIC think about what you can do to replace this "Captain" time. How can you show your leadership ability to the recruiters?

Many of my clients were leaders in the community. Most pilots had a leadership position at their company. Their GPA was on average a 3.5. Some had a Master's Degree. Some were flying overseas. Most were planning for this opportunity to interview for months. I cannot stress enough about networking. Try to meet as many people as you can in this industry because you never know where your next job lead will come from.

The most important thing is to have a great attitude and never give up. Stay positive because you will have moments of doubt. Keep thinking what can I do to improve myself professionally and personally.
No turbine PIC when I got the invite,although I did have some (about 100) by the time I interviewed. Other things I highlighted on my ap that I think helped me get the call were

All instructor including ground instructor ratings (every box checked helps)
6 types
Masters
Several leadership schools (mil)
Professional organizations
NCAA d1 scholarship athlete
Professional scholarships
Distinguished graduate awards

So make sure to put every and anything on the app. It's not always just about hours and I updated religiously for 7 years, always going over the app w a fine toothed comb to see how I could improve.