View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 11:03 AM
Duksrule
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006

I got hired at Avenge in the fall of last year. They want ME Turboprop PIC. We have one retired airforce heavy jet guy here that had no prop time so they brought him in as a SIC. I only had a secret clearance and they upgraded it to TS/SSCI without blinking an eye. I will tell you it is no longer top tier pay, those days are gone. It is more than Dynamic and way less than L-3. If you are still reading this then keep hope. They are behind on everything from pilots to clearances and are needing to funnel people down range ASAP so I am sure they pick and choose the low hanging fruit that they can get through the pipeline fastest.

If your app is in and they have contacted you and lost touch then ping HQ for an update. They have many people running in many directions so someone falling through the cracks is common.

As for my interview it was no BS much like this..... Phone rings at 5pm caller ID says avenge so I go ahead and answer. Guy on the phone says you submitted an app with avenge. I say yes. he says are you still interested in flying here. I say yes, he says you realize what we do where we fly and our time away from home I say yes, he says can you make a class end of next week I say yes. Interview over welcome aboard. Easiest interview I have ever done. No exaggeration that is how long it took and what we said.