View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 05:54 PM
eman
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Thanks folks. I especially took to heart the advice of not networking just for the sake of networking.

I listed all my contacts that usually return my calls and provide advice/encouragement, job leads and have been spending more time with those people. I've got a great network of pilot friends and they help me out the best they can, I always get their recommendations. Unfortunately, it comes down to type ratings and time in type. Even with this, I managed to get the Part 91 SIC's on my certificate for 3 aircraft and logged almost 50hours in them; so that was pretty exciting! Especially the G3.

Corporate has been my dream since the start, and I hope it still happens. Lately I have been opening up to airlines. Unfortunately, as time passes, I grow more and more convinced I may have to end up at a regional just to get ahead...and we all know how we feel about them. I for one am absolutely sure I'll be living in my car and the gym if I do sign on with them. That's life I guess. I hear success stories almost every time I walk around the airport; so that's good to know that miracles do happen!

If anyone of you find yourselves in south florida, send me a pm; I'd love to meet some of you. Gonna keep active on PPW as well.

If anyone knows of leads or companies that value a great personality and dedication, loyalty, a desire to excel at everything I have to do...send me their info

Thanks dudes.