View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 03:47 PM
Crazy Canuck
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

Originally Posted by Moonwolf View Post
Thanks for the update! What's the qol like at encore ? What is the flow agreement ?
I myself was given the TBNT from Encore but have several friends working there. First off, they are moving to a 100% flow through from Encore to mainline, but methinks you still have a chance to get into mainline for the next year or so. 5000 hours or so is competitive.

For Encore, guys are getting calls with 2500 hours. They will probably have to go lower due to the amount of hiring they wish to do. All info provided is second hand from many of my friends who work there.

-QOL is rough right now, guys working 22+ days per month not making much money...it will get better
-On that note, pay is 38 per hour as an FO. Works out to about 36K base salary. Per diems and profit sharing on top of that. Keep in mind, 36K per year living in Calgary or Toronto is not like 36 K per year in IAH......
-Upgrade 6-12 months
-Opening Toronto base in June, supposedly.
-Guarenteed flow through to mainline, there's talk of all Encore employees being given a WestJet seniority #. Flow throughs are already happening.

Anything else you want to know, just ask.