View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 01:32 AM
boxmover
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2012

Originally Posted by Xjet21 View Post
I have a buddy who has been out of flying and on disability for the past 2 yrs trying to fight a very serious illness. His frustration, anger, and anxiety got the best of him and he made a mistake and got arrested and charged with a 2nd degree misdemeanor in Florida, which is neither drug or alcohol related. Up until this point he has had a spotless record and can't even remember the last time he had a ticket. He interviewed with a major back in 2010, got the job and went into the pool. During that time he got sick. If he is convicted of this charge or even if it is reduced, it is going to be very difficult or embarrassing to explain what happened. It's possible that he can get it dismissed but that will probably take some time. I feel for the guy and completely understand his difficulties, but I just don't know what to tell him. Once cured he is going to have to fight to get his medical back and then turn around and explain himself to his future employer about his background. Does anybody have any idea if the majors are hiring people with criminal records and if so, what? He wasn't stalking or anything like that but let's just say he was trying to relieve some stress and frustration and they had a problem with how he went about it. I personally don't have a problem with what he did but I'm a guy and feel that the he has been punished enough over the past two yrs and should be given some leniency. Thoughts?
Did this involve paying for sex?