View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 08:43 AM
Mudhen200
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: B737, CA

Look - I understand that Delta pilots are sky gods and can go anywhere in the world better, faster, and stronger than anybody else. Heck, they are so good, all they have to do is read a memo!
They are so good, they don't need to worry about JAWS winds or the FOX departure in JNU, they don't care if it's blowing 50 knots in KTN like it was last week, it is of no concern that the ramp in CDV is to small to even fit a 757, and who needs a 757 sized stair truck in SIT?, Fuel in YAK? No problem, but once the fueler gets to the airport after an hour or so he will figure out that he has to drive back into town to try and buy a 25 foot extension ladder so he can reach the fuel panel.

Of course I'm just goofing around here. All of these logistical problems can surely be figured out by Big D. I'm sure many of their sky gods will soon be telling us all how great of an operation they set up in BF Africa where the locals are paid daily in grubs. My point is that Big D's Southeast Alaska adventure will make them no money. That is apparently OK by their management. I'm convinced that they are going to use a 757 so they can pack a lot of gas and bingo back to SEA if it's not VFR in JNU. That makes me sad for the passengers who will miss their cruise ship connections in JNU and have their summer vacation screwed up by Big D. But, that will be the price they pay for choosing Delta instead of Alaska.
As healthy as the industry is right now, it is a shame to see Big D going back to the old ways of intentionally flying an unprofitable route in order to inflict pain on a competitor.
PS - on the few VFR days that we will get in JNU this summer, can you sky gods please cancel IFR so the rest of us are not stacked and racked over SSR waiting for you.