Old 04-16-2014, 12:07 PM
Swedish Blender
Where's my Mai Tai?

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: fins to the left, fins to the right

Originally Posted by chicwithwings View Post
Such good advice from you all and some interesting points. Who knows who will cross my path, but it occurred to me that I'm increasing my chances of meeting a pilot just because I'd be immersed in that atmosphere. The plan now is to do exactly what @AKpilot suggested. Do my thing, and enjoy life and career a bit. The rest will come
Just be sure to leave the door open. I have a friend who was so focused on getting to her dream job, that she passed on getting married earlier. Now she's 41, never married, no kids and wandering what happened.

Another note, if/when you marry, there are a ton of things to discuss. A friend of mine just got divorced over kids. They talked about having them before marriage agreeing that they did want kids. The problem is they never discussed what it really meant. He flies for UPS, she for SWA. He expected her to stay home, she expected him to stay home. Her solution was to have the grandparents raise the kids.

My wife grew up a military brat with her father then flying for the airlines. She knew what the lifestyle was like, doesn't like it all the time, but handles it pretty well. Spouses only kill dreams if you let them. She was in the fashion industry and used to travelling so it made life easier/enjoyable that we could pick up at a moments notice and leave.

I travel the world with my job, but I've always found it more enjoyable to do it with someone else.