View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 03:57 AM
Denny Crane
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: Kickin’ Back

Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
If DALPA and the company are still engaged in negotiations over 117, which I understand that they are, then it would be detrimental to the process in my opinion to file a grievance at this time. If they reach an agreement, those affected pilots who are on the "grievance list" will be made whole. It is my understanding that DALPA has made it clear to the company that if this is not resolved in negotiations, then they reserve the right to file the grievance and will absolutely do so. That seems like a very logical and methodical way of handling this to me, but what do I know.
I've thought about this and initially have agreed with the sentiment expressed here. I have changed my mind. It seems like the company has been dragging it's feet in these 117 negotiations. I think it's high time some more pressure was/is applied in the form of a group grievance. Isn't this just another negotiating tactic? Seems like the company has been stalling long enough and there has been enough of a chance to come to a deal and yet we are still negotiating? No, this is not something we want dragged out for the rest of the year. The 117 negotiations need to be resolved with a agreement or not. Then we need to move on. I think filing the grievance will cause the situation to be resolved sooner rather than later.

Denny