View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 05:49 PM
John Carr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by gloopy View Post
Its similar but not the same. Pilots that come on property as a result of a merger the company chooses to do are one thing. The company has already made that decision at the point of entry and there isn't anything they can do about it. Flow through pilots that actually are new hires on the other hand are a significantly different case. So far DL has chosen to honor the flows, possibly in part out of some level of internal integrity, but mostly because they don't want to be forced to cancel a significant swath of their preferred [way too] large "mainline class" [so called] "RJ's"
Like I said, neither here nor there. But it can be interesting how an entity can tailor their views. ESPECIALLY when it's in their own best interest. If they've chosen to "honor the flow", there's nothing they can do about it either. Move on a keep trucking, or look back and "hate" a process that one agreed to honor.

In both cases, of course, once on property with a DL seniority number, a DL pilot is a DL pilot. Period.
I would be inclined to belive that is MOSTLY true. But just just like EVERY group has their (insert percentage here), there's probably some that disagree with that statement. "NRD's", "you were acquired NOT hired", etc. Like I said, a minority of folks. But EVERY airline has that minority.