View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 07:03 PM
Guard Dude
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: In the easy chair with a scotch on the rocks

Codguy and Polly...& everyone,
The HR folks go over your application in detail with you, at least mine did. In fact my HR dude had questions and notes already written on paper. Make sure it is as perfect as you can make it; Proofread over and over. I made corrections/changes right up until the "two day limit" before the interview. The first fifteen minutes of my interview was spent going over my application line by line. Planning ahead, I had several of my own copies, including the one they tell you to bring. My HR dude had printed his own copy. So I pulled out my own copy of the app to follow along with his line of questions. Just made it easier than trying to read upside down. For example, I had about a dozen addresses. He asked me to explain every one and why I moved so much. I gave him a run down "why I moved there" and then "why I moved from there". Most of the moves were Military training (UPT, CIQ, ACQ). Once he heard that, he was happy and we moved on to the next page.

FWIW, I had a retired airline pilot give me some perspective on the app: If you have to make changes on it at the interview, they think you're hiding something or lying. If you have mistakes like spelling, then you don't care about the job.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck!!!