View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 05:11 AM
tsquare
No longer cares

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: 767er Captain

Originally Posted by Albief15 View Post
T-Square,

FYI…I LOVE Delta. I am a Diamond Elite flyer. My wife is a Platinum. I give you my daughters with regularity to fly out to join me on my trips skiing or traveling to Europe. (2 going tomorrow, BTW…) Had 2 roommates in college who's dads were Delta captains, and worked for another as a CFI in LaGrange where he managed the FBO…

In short…I am a fan. And had the hiring freeze of Jul 01 occurred, I'd likely have been there if they had hired me…

My point is its a dynamic world. I love this industry, and want it to thrive. But I also keep an eye or two on the other options, just in case things turn south.
In the first great furlough in the early 90s, I had my eye on other options. I sat sideways for 5 years, with 235 guys below me and I looked into the abyss for a big part of that time. I was fortunate to not have been furloughed, but the threat was there for a long time. I know stagnation too. I had 2 other part time jobs during that entire time, and either could have turned into full time jobs. That is not what this furball is about. This is about an enthusiastic newbie being shat upon by guys that are "disgruntled" because their expectations were not met. Shame on them.