View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 05:59 AM
What
Underpaid...

Joined APC: Nov 2010
Position: French-Canadian

Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
I don't understand why everyone is making a big deal about pdt not signing it, everyone should be making a huge deal out of psa signing it, slap in the face to everyone.
I am not making a big deal out of it, but since you insist.

PSA took concessions under the premise that they would get growth flying at the expense of Eagle as the airplanes they were awarded "were" supposed to have gone to Eagle if we would have accepted the B scale.

Eagle has said no twice , after the first time management went to PSA, they came back to Eagle and we said no again. One of the threats used against the Eagle pilots was that PDT could see airplanes, and management is on the record stating that they would like to refleet the wholly owned regionals. I understand that PSA signing this letter has mixed feelings, but my concern is not so much PDT not signing it, but rather the timing. So close to Eagle and others saying NO, while AAG seeks someone to fly their large RJs that are to replace routes currently flown by Eagle.

My concern is that as pilots, regional pilots but specifically AAG regional pilots... we are negotiating against our selves and management is trying to divide and ensure that there is no unity between the three pilot groups. When PSA negotiated their last deal they separated from the rest of the industry as they did their deal, I am wondering if the same thing is happening at PDT. This is the intent of management, and we are hurting each others careers and negotiating against our collective futures.