View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 10:45 AM
Snarge
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2009

Originally Posted by RogAir View Post
If you are going to go the young European live-in au pair route, hire the ugliest one you can. My anecdotal evidence shows that the father will be tempted to sleep with the nanny, so maybe hiring ugly will help prevent that. Oh hell, scratch that, hire the hottest one you can, you're going to bone her anyway, it might as well be epic!!

Nothing like a hot Euro au pair to test the marriage... wife is modern day Gloria Steinem.... ready to conquer the world and needs to validate her self worth amongst the other females, CPA's, lawyers, PMs, etc... doesn't want to mumble 'stay at home mom' at social gatherings, while all the professional women look at their shoes or find an excuse to move to another circle...

But enough with the identity crises Mom, the real losers are the kids. Of course they love the justification their 'rents give that they are getting culture from an Euro Au Pair.... (the au pair couldn't care, wants US shopping and a boyfriend) Mommy says you're supposed to teach me culture... What? au pair says... there is a sale at Hollister... I'll buy you ice cream with mommy's money.... (****ed her au pair friend drives a BMW and she's stuck hauling around your most valuable (really?) possessions in an Accord.

No one loves or cares about your kids as much as you do... no one.

Women are in a real quandary.... it's either Mom or work...or get hubby to be a Mr. Mom.... just because society makes its ok, doesn't make it right.... I've seen the Moms in the crewroom on the phone, explaining why Mommy has to work to their kids... kids don't care if mom is an astronaut... they want their mom.

Ever notice how a majority of female pilots have airline pilots and/or MIL types as husbands....

Yeah, ladies... go prove to the world you have value... your kids don't mind...