Old 04-19-2014, 05:11 AM
bcpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2011

Originally Posted by jumppilot71 View Post
I just read how I replied and wanted to say that I did not intend to present myself as harshly as I did. To be honest, if you have the extra cash it wouldn't really hurt to take a class. It isn't however, necessary. I'd say the systems portion could be beneficial and that you'd find that helpful provided of course, you end up at a regional flying the same plane. Generally speaking though, my experience has been that ground school at the regionals I've worked at has been more than thorough enough that the systems tests weren't all that difficult. You sound like me, wanting to be prepared in every way possible. If you listen, take notes, ask questions and do what the instructors say then you will be fine. If you decide to just hang out, not study, talk on the phone all night and try to find gouges on the test, you will fail miserably like someone I know did just recently. In fact he was given a second systems test and tutoring and still wholeheartedly bombed the second one. I don't know you but you don't sound like that guy. Just pay attention in class and do the studying/homework at night and before you know it you have a brand new subject to stress over; your check rides in the sim and your oral where you get the opportunity to show them you actually learned everything and put it all together to make your next move to IOE. You'll do fine.

Just get your apps out so you can get started before this $20000 atp ground requirement becomes a reality this summer and not only will you be flying for an airline, you'll be doing it with an ATP and type rating! Let me know how it goes and if you have any questions after you get hired, send me a message or give a call. I don't mind. Just send me a pm and good luck!
No offense taken at all..

I am here looking for different perspectives & view points from folks who walked this road before me....

In fact, I would to thank everyone for the taking the time respond to my questions....

I did a google search for crj700 study guide and saw 2 books, a CRJ700 study guide and another one is CRJ700 systems..

CRJ-700 Study Guide - Marv Golden Pilot Supplies

CRJ-700 AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS STUDY GUIDE from Pilotshop.com

Is there one better than the other????

If I try to use these books before completely understanding how the systems work, will that be counter productive??

Also, I saw there are some flash cards on 2 sites, cram.com & quizlet.

Is the info in these flash cards reliable???