View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 07:03 PM
FL450
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: Thrill Seat

Not to take this thread off topic but I want to answer BZZT question.

You MUST pay your dues and be humble before anyone will recognize you! Prior to eagle I worked 135 on multiple light single and twin turbines because my Eagle and Colgan classdates were canceled due to the economy. I was very fortunate that I kept a great working relationship with Claudette Carol who at the time was the Dir. of hiring at Eagle. When I say working relationship I don't mean sucking up but staying in touch and being myself not some facade I want only Hr to see.

Luckily I was able to get hired with both carriers again when they started to hire in 2010. I went to eagle because I made a CAREER choice of where I would be more comfortable spending 10-15 years as an FO due to the stagnation that was present in the industry. Unlike you I was not given the right seat of a jet with < 1000 hours as you have mentioned in previous post. I happily was stationed in SJU where I met some life long friends whom I still talk to today.

All but 2 guys who I started in SJU with have moved on to various carriers. One guy even got hired with Hawaiian as a 767 FO after 7 months at Eagle and less time then I had. In short we were all humble and happy to be working but more so to be flying and doing what we loved to do. Some are captains in corporate jet outfits making well over six figures. Some are Heavy international drivers such as myself and two are at JetBlue living the domestic dream. None of us fit any special racial or gender quota, we just all were willing to learn and wait out our time while networking on the jumpseat home.

There's no difference between you, I, or any of the aforementioned except the willingness to learn. You seem angry and jaded yet you have very little experience compared to some of the people on this board who just want to help. To put icing on the cake I was even furloughed from my current carrier and had to go back to first year on a CRJ with a different regional until I was recalled but I still don't hate this career. Eagle is not the same company that is was years ago but it sure isn't the worst company out there. Try being more appreciative that you are where you are in your career because there are a lot worse places and careers that you could be in.

I digress

BZZT I wish you all the luck career wise!

Last edited by FL450; 04-20-2014 at 07:13 PM.