View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 08:31 PM
TRZ06
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2013

For the near future all is "status quo" til we strengthen what we already have got. That's what I interpret Parker as saying…No major changes anywhere but opportunity to increase US cities to AA hubs and vice-a-versa. IMO only, I doubt we will go after the far east any differently then we have been, i.e. DFW and ORD and some limited LAX, no mention at all about the northwest. I understand its most important at this point to get our house in order first prior to expanding, but Parker himself had said in the past that Asia would be more apt to be existing alliance flying (OW). There is no good West coast gateway not already dominated by the other US majors or in the case of LAX, all the foreign carriers. And while SEA might be all that is left, it might be too little too late for AA…even if there was a code share with Alaska. See us overfly the west coast with connections to the far east from DFW especially with the 787s coming. I have heard that the loads are just OK on the 777s, dont know about LAX but I think thats mainly O and D traffic, not so much feed. I doubt PHX can support it, so it looks like we're mainly reaching south for now. Way more then you asked but I think this is the latest always subject to change!