View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 05:03 AM
Std Deviation
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: Square root of the variance and average of the variation

Originally Posted by coopervane View Post
How do you know your background check was completed?
By contacting Sterling. Everyone in my group was given a bad electronic link that was never fixed. As a result we submitted paperwork manually . So the whole thing was a little questionable in terms of what was received. They lost my submission two times - with SS#, DOB, etc. They also have emailed and faxed applicant info (all the personal stuff) to other people by accident. Another case I'm aware of involved a PRIA request fax (again with SS# and DOB) to the wrong department of a government agency. So we've been a bit skeptical of what's going on behind the scenes.

The great enigma is the pilot hiring committee. Let's be honest here - a credit check is instantaneous (like applying for a store credit card at the checkout counter). A background check is instantaneous (like buying a handgun in TX - FBI criminal check is less than 30 seconds.)
Credit checks include past residences. Under PRIA, a company has 30 calender days by law(not business days) to get the paperwork over.
FAA verification of certificates, ratings, and enforcement actions take two weeks. The only delay should be if they found something (my background is clean so if it's there it's not correct) or if something is missing that the applicant is unaware of - and has no way of knowing unless they contact Sterling.

The PHC is the quandary. A secret society of delta delta delta's adorned in purple robes summoned by carrier pigeon to a secret underground lair where decisions are made only after the first Sunday after the first full moon after the vernal equinox perhaps?