View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 10:58 AM
pete2800
Works Every Weekend

Joined APC: Apr 2006

Originally Posted by texaspilot76 View Post
Whether most of you agree or not, I know for a fact that PSA pilots probably make the most money among regionals. I've had a few people I know from there explain the SAP to me. It's complex, but in short, most of the hours they get are paid at 1.5 the hourly rate. So a $70 an hour captain is really earning $105. No other regional can touch that.
Except at Horizon, we also have SAP. You can do the same thing... Drop to the minimum, wait for the open time, and get paid.

The only difference is the hourly rate. Your captain making 70 an hour is probably making over 105 base pay here.

As an FO, $41.36 x 1.5 = $62.04 ain't bad. If you're smart about what you pick up, you can throw the minimum day rules into the mix as well. 248 bucks to show up for a day of work. I usually pick up the short turns, and then go back home. Blocking less than 2 hours to get paid 248 ain't too shabby.

Plot twist: Premium pay has frequently been offered at 200% around here in order to 'fix' the staffing and get people to pick up open time. So then it's 330 bucks.