View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 01:33 PM
Waitingformins
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2012

Originally Posted by Lambourne View Post
Our house or passenger satisfaction is a direct correlation to the abysmal express product and the flying it performs. When express touches over half the passengers we carry the burden falls on them quite often.

I do hope United can recognize the failings of express jet, bring some flying back to the mainline and make sure we don't hire from express jet pilot group.
I think the problems may be a little deeper than a group of people who fly the plane? How can that be so different from one company to another?
Some reasons people at my home airport complain:
1) Single (off center isle) sardine can. Delta has large RJs and mainline. United’s fault.
2) Not having a jetbridge, Delta has 2 gates for 8 flights a day. United has 1 for 11 so they constantly catch up with each other which forces a hardstand (Rain snow and cold). United’s fault
3) Baggage or any ground service delays United’s fault, they contract Envoy for all ground operations
4) Customer service experience in the airport, United’s fault they contract Envoy for ticket handling
5) Ground equipment problems, they won’t let other branded equipment service their RJ’s forcing larger delays. United’s fault

They don’t ever complain about the xjt pilot’s W&B, fuel planning, to & landing, CRM or risk management, or emergency procedures. If it’s reliable aircraft, service, or staffing it may be United or the sub. So your answer is to not hire the pilot? Is that to discipline them or to scare them strait?