Old 04-23-2014, 04:07 AM
Flint Stone
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: Side stick game boy.

Originally Posted by Kellwolf View Post
Spirit doesn't have a ton of flights in and out of JFK, either. It's one thing to let a leisure airline who's major city is FLL strike. It's another to let an airline that would throw a monkey wrench into JFK and land politicians on the news go on strike. Would we get there? Maybe, but it also depends on who's in the White House when it happens, too. We don't even know who's running yet, much less who's going to win. I wouldn't put good odds on us being allowed to strike unless we were very, VERY close to a deal since they wouldn't want the strike to last more than a couple of days. Even then, they could pull the Presidential trigger and say "Okay, you had your fun for a couple of days. Back to work." That gives them the political clout to say "I let them strike, but I also kept it under control."

Why are we even talking "strike"? Seems we are starting out with the wrong attitude, strike should not even be in our thoughts at this time. We need to elect good, honest, level headed folks to represent the WHOLE pilot group. People who will work WITH the company...and let's hope and pray that the company will also want to work with the Pilots! Until then, let's keep it positive!