Old 02-07-2006, 03:00 PM
WEACLRS
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: 737/FO

Originally Posted by Atrain77
...I've looked into Delta Connection, RAA, ATP and even visited Pan Am in Phoenix last spring. Right now I'm leaning towards ATP because they offer multi-engine training, a reasonable price and a good reputation. I saw a thread posted a few months ago which skimmed the surface on ATP but I'm looking for more. Is there anybody who went to ATP who knows what it's really like and knows if the advertisements accurately represent the school?...
I have one problem with ATP. Their "15" day instructor program does a very poor job preparing you to be a CFI. Talk with DCA, RAA, Pan Am and ask them how long their instructor programs are. Ask ATP where they send their candidates to do their CFI checkrides. Is it with the local FSDO or some DPE located out of the area? Will they even let you take the checkride with an FAA inspector at the FSDO? What's their pass rate? Most regional airline mins are some total time and 100 multi. Anything more doesn't really help. And I've seen guys get hired with less.