View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 09:35 AM
Scott Stoops
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2010
Position: 737 Cap

Originally Posted by Probe View Post
Scott;
Nope. Lual, 95 hire. Spent first 6 years flying with scabs and 570, and me or the bunkie was hired post 1990. Most post 1990 hires were good guys/gals.

United was my 17th job. Hired when I was 32. My guess is UAL was your first, and now only, job. Hired at 22. Sorry, being an intern doesn't count. You weren't paid.

In 1995, if me and you did resumes under the same criteria, your work experience would be 1 inch long on a normal piece of paper. Mine would be 2.5 pages. Mine was simllar to all my classmates of Dec, 1995. We came from diverse backgrounds. But all of us were the same, under the sun.

What none of us were, back in Dec of 1995, were 22 year olds starting their first real job, ever.

LCAL?, A few days ago I did my last line check. My LCAL check airman, a couple of years younger than me, was telling me about his aviation experience (I asked). After he told me, I said, you know what, the guys that really had it bad, flew checks in the middle of the night, single pilot, IFR. He said, "OH Yeah, I did that for three years as well."

I stand by my opinion. 500 hour interns, or 3000 hours that daddy paid for, don't belong in front of the Q in front of 8000 hour pilots with 12 years of professional experience. And it shows when you fly with them.

Outstanding Airmanship Award? Congrats. I am sure you did a great job. So did all of us, numerous times, throughout all of our professional careers. I am not badmouthing what you did, but I would never, ever, brag about the award. Why?

Because all of us, professional aviators, have saved the day a few times in our careers. For the most part, the only ones that know about it are in front of the locked cockpit door. It is our job, and why we make the big bucks. After the flight, we shook hands, and went home.

I stand by what I said about interns, 100%.
United is my 5th flying job, my 8th job overall and your reading comprehension is garbage. My "Daddy" bought me exactly my first flight. Other than that, I paid my way through school living on my own by flying professionally. If you would have read my post, you'd have known that. Unfortunately, your bias is showing. Fine, I could care less what you think of me and I'm glad I don't have to fly with you.

BTW, the job you mentioned as being really bad (checks) is what I did to pay for my college. Well played. You're a real piece of work.

Scott