View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 04:16 PM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by REVERTEDRUBBER View Post
Grass strip? If so, remember it does not brake like pavement... Did this a few years on weekends. Definitely enjoy at least a tandem for yourself. Improves understanding of the experience and camaraderie. Pack a lunch, don't waste time getting out to eat! Drag some friends out to watch and maybe ride along or jump. Had a family member ride along once with a video camera. Never forget that one... Get a photo of yourself - you'll always enjoy retelling the story better with pics!
I was offered a chance to be paid or free lessons. I would have taken a mixture of both if I had not been leaving for the military in short order. I just couldn't take a chance on injury at the time, but it is still something I think about now. Seems the place I flew for though is out of business At least it isn't listed on any websites. The name was Paradise Parachutes near Goldsby, OK if anyone was familiar. The airport still shows up on the most current sectional - just south of K1K4 (David Jay Perry Airport).