View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 06:45 PM
aa73
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by Hubble15 View Post
Whats's the gouge on MIA 73 vice 75/6? I know a 75/6 guy who says the 73s are getting better international trips
If you like the Caribbean, the 737 is the way to go. Provo, Aruba, Grand Cayman, Cancun, Curaçao, Antigua, St Kitts, etc. These are all layovers , too...not just turns. The 737 also does some "South America Lite": Medellin, Cali, and Manaus. Also plenty of Central America such as Belize, San Pedro Sula, Guatemala, etc.

The 75/76 does some Caribbean but much of it has been taken over by the 737. 757 still does St Thomas, Barbados, and St Maarten layovers and maybe a couple others but that's it for Caribbean. Most of the stuff is Caracas, Maracaibo, Bogota, Quito, and the Deep South stuff: most of Brazil, Montevideo, Santiago Chile, etc. Europe stuff is Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, London and Milan.

You'll prob get off reserve slightly faster on the 737, but the 75/76 does go very junior as well. Good luck! Both fleets offer some really fun flying and destinations. It's a type of flying I'm glad I did, now I'm enjoying not commuting on my domestic 737 gig.