Thread: Alpa Fdx
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 12:53 PM
FreightDawgyDog
Trust but Verify!!

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: MD11 CRA

"The bottom line here is that the company has not abrogated these folks' seniority; the federal government government permanently changed their status. It's a One Time change, not something that going to keep happening down through the ages. Although the MEC line seems to be that "retroactivity won't pass", has anyone really considered the true implications should your 'wish' be granted. A small group (how many non-members?) will gain untold and unintended advantage over the rest of the pilot group.

Small group advantages, whether real or imagined, are the fertile ground into which discord is sown. And I don't like what I already see happening. This decision to fight for a 'doomed' principle already has us fighting amongst ourselves and worse it's leadership against the membership. Now there's your slippery slope to the bottom-- 4 years of unity shot-in-the-head for a 'doomed' principle."

Somebody say AMEN!!

Nicely written Fly. Send it to your rep and all other reps as well. I was told by one rep they don't pay attention to this board because there are only about 50 of us posting. BTW, be sure to ask why DW and the MEC save all their "principled stands" that we have no say on for those approaching retirement or those already retired. When will they stand up for the junior pilot?