View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 06:16 AM
flyallnite
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Stay THIRSTY, my friends!

We've been 'told' time and time again that a strong healthy balance sheet will be the best route to more compensation. So far, I've (personally) not seen it. I for one am tired of trading productivity and approved harassment for a few extra dollars, all the while I'm flying more and getting nickled and dimed by medical expenses (anybody looked at our vision plan? We're pilots for crying out loud!) and reduced profit sharing. And now we are even 'negotiating' to keep a part of our contract in force! If people aren't willing to tell DALPA enough is enough, by way of rejecting any future agreement that doesn't measure up to our level of contribution to the bottom line, then we deserve what we get, which I assure you will be more of the same. There are many ways to increase compensation without scaring off investors or starting a riot among non contract employees. More 401K, better trip and duty rigs, better compensation for training and vacation, and a much, much better medical plan for starters...