Thread: Skywest
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 10:40 AM
etflies
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: KCCO

Originally Posted by rcfd13 View Post
For what it's worth I took a paycut when I went to the CRJ even with the higher pay rate because I was bidding top 20% on the brasilia vs 85% on the CRJ in the most junior base. I could hold the high credit brasilia trips with weekends off vs holding only 17 hour 4 days on the CRJ with 36 hour layovers working all weekends. This was pre-117 though and I've heard the brasilia trips have gotten much worse even for senior people.
Bro trips depend on the base, SLC trips have been terrible lately, I guess they're getting 4 day trips with 11-12hrs of block for 16hrs of credit. There are a lot of SLC guys picking up out of base just for better credit trips. In LAX the trips are usually anywhere from 17-19hrs for a 4 day, lately if you're senior enough there are some 20-23hr credit trips out there if you're willing to work weekends. Losing a couple stations really makes a big impact on trips when you don't fly to many different spots to begin with. My friends in SFO say their trips are decent credit but that's likely going to change with the loss of MOD and the draw down this summer for the runway closures there.