Old 04-24-2014, 12:25 PM
XHooker
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008

Originally Posted by pilot64golfer View Post
The answer is it doesn't matter the seat count if your parent company can fly an unlimited number of airplanes in a "code share" arrangement, as well as Q-400 turboprops that can carry 78 people, I would call a much bigger hole than a limited number of 70 seat jets.

At least the CAL scope rep at the EWR roadshow was gushing over the new scope saying that it filled numerous holes in CALs scope contract and the 50 seat limit they were going to lose at the next contracts negotiation. PERIOD.

So please get over pointing out the selective pieces of the old CAL scope because the new one is better for the combined airline than the old ones were for the legacy ones. Don't believe me, call your legacy scope expert and ask them.
CAL's scope was the best of the legacies. Lots of 50 seat jets, but they're inefficient and on their way out. Unlimited big props, but there's a limit to the routes you can put them on... a few hundred miles, tops. Great protections on everything else. I agree, we would have given up the 50 seat jet limitation due pressure from the rest of the industry, but scope was one of the things we had done right and characterizing today's scope as the best there is can only be done in comparison to the rest of the industry today and that's certainly debatable.