View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 11:38 PM
hindsight2020
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Center seat, doing loops to music

I can tell you we're fielding a ton of calls from guys hoping to VSP/RIF/Palace Chase. As a general rule of thumb, advice which I'll throw out to all for the benefit of the lurkers, it helps to have a plan regarding how you expect to make your participation work with your civilian employer in such a remote located unit. Everybody understands (with the notable exception of the folks at Robins, but I'll bite my tongue on that one) this is not a hometown unit, so commute considerations are and should be at the forefront of all parties involved. You're hardly the only guy looking for a Reserve job these days.

Our T-1 manning is full up last I checked, our T-6s have the most openings perennially, 38s somewhere in between but that's NA for you.

Take a look on http://www.afrc.af.mil/units/340FTG/ and click over on the application requirements. You're best served not calling the number on the webpage for our unit, that's the CSS office. x9696 is the T-6 section and we can better field your questions. Any of the T-6 flight commanders would be a good POC to ask for.

Sincerely, I would encourage you to apply to all units within our Group and see what pans out. Again, I would say if you have an approved PC application or otherwise a set DOS of under 12 months out, you'd get a more serious response to your inquiry. Good luck to ya!