View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 04:49 AM
flybywire44
Flies With The Hat On

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: Right of the Left Seat

Originally Posted by CaptainBigWood View Post
If this drags out for another 5 years and APA is happy and USAirways East is happy, who is unhappy? The attrition takes care of the problem. Sounds like a better solution for management than the United or Southwest battle. If management gets neutral metal, what is the hurry?
I am not counting on the 2016 pay rates until there is a ISL.
Shut the front door, and don't adopt this self-serving viewpoint!

Dragging out SLI is small minded.

United lost over 5 billion dollars in two years because of integration issues. Look at how protracted labor issues had damaged the UAL product. My girlfriend is Platinum on Delta, her two partners each held Diamond on Delta since 2009. None of them will ever fly UAL again because of UAL labor.

http://crankyflier.com/2014/04/25/to...e-to-unionize/

If United does not get their sheet together they will revisit bankruptcy—this is very alarming!!!! newAmerican may have 10.8 billion in the bank today, but the AAL is larger than United. Make no mistake, AAL management can dork this merger up without our help.

I do not advocate delaying SLI. We do not need redundant capacity. The airline needs to be right-sized so that we can reallocate airframes for growth to pay for our 2016 raises.

USAPA and APA lack leadership. Both unions are doing an extremely poor job of managing this situation.

Last edited by flybywire44; 04-30-2014 at 05:05 AM.