View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 06:20 AM
bluelion
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Wanted to share my experience for those who are curious or wonder what comes after the congrats call. I just finished company indoc, two weeks long, the whole process was first class- on the second day, last event was when we picked our aircraft base assignments. They put your name on a excell list by order of who is oldest first. Then they put the list of aircraft by seniority(determined by graduation day) then the oldest pilot picks first down to the youngest. Most everybody got what they wanted. That night is a formal dinner with some top guys. John Hale presents you and your wife with a set of wings- it's all very nicely done. The rest of the time is a lot of company indoc classes and some classes where we go over some basic aviation training (wind shear, jepps, performance ) Everyone is nice and genuinely happy to see new hires. AA headquarters is like a giant college campus. Now I have about a month off at home to prepare for ground school and simulators. Overall I couldn't be happier with the experience and company.