View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 09:11 AM
LeineLodge
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: DAL FO

Originally Posted by MoonShot View Post
PBS question.

I have 78:45 pre award credit for June bid period for vacation and FMLA starting June 5. My ALV is 84:00. I'm very junior but usually hold a line. I want to be off June 2-4 (the whole bid period). Whats the best way to make sure they don't throw a two or three day in there on me?

Right now I have:

Start Pairings
Set Condition Min Credit
Prefer Off June 2, 3, 4
Award Pairings

Is this my best bet?
That's about the best you can do for a regular Set Pairings bid.

You could also layer your bid with an else start next (kick it down to RSV) on the Prefer Off 2, 3, 4 which would at least guarantee you 1 X day (per the X day proration chart) - this would leave you on RSV for 2 days, but would be better than a 3 day. You can get a little more complex and add an AVOID 3 day trips + Else Start Next to ensure that you only get 1 or 2 day trips or then kick it down to your RSV bid group thus ensuring you at least get 1 of the 3 days off (and not get a 3 day.)

You might want to play around with this logic a bit and then call the PBS line to have them take a look. Your pre-award puts you in the LCW already, so unless you reallllly junior AND alot of other pilots in your category bid Min Credit, the Set Condition Min Credit line should take care of you.

Also, I don't know much about it, but you may want to check into RLL bidding. Definitely check with the PBS guys before you do this though. I would guess that you wouldn't lose out on any $ due to your pre-award, but you want to be sure, since the FMLA/VAC will prevent you from fixing a bidding mistake via PCS. Not sure if RLL applies here, but can't hurt looking into.

Good luck with the bid (and congrats on a new baby??)