Old 05-09-2014, 06:23 AM
evamodel00
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Default Has any one got their instrument ticket in 6k

Hey all just wanted to get some opinions on my next step in aviation. I am 24 and currently work IT. Not sure if in the future I'll decide to do anything commercially with aviation, but I want to work towards my ratings so I have the option. I just finished my ppl as you all know from my checkride posts.

My next step is I want to get my instrument ticket. Just curious if any one has gotten theirs recently and the price. I actually worked through pilot finance for my PPL, and it was great. For my first 6-7 lessons for my private I tried pay as you go but that didn't work well for me. My lessons were too spread out so it would have taken me longer to finish.

There are some great interest rate options at my own bank at work for personal loans, however the maximum is $6,000. Just wondering if that seems feasible to any one. Wet rate of a 152 at the flight school I use is $96/hr i believe.

Just putting feelers out for ideas. Another notion was just to save up the money and then start once I have it all accumulated. However I do not want to wait so long as to forget a lot of what I learned from my private pilot training.

Thanks guys!