Thread: Skywest
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 07:10 AM
NVUS
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
My understanding is that the amount of planned EMB flying is going to stay the same. However it's probably going to be highly variable on a daily basis depending on SFO weather and the resultant delays and cancellations. So they're just going to keep a bunch of extra crews on reserve and assign the flying on the days they're actually able to fly it. At least that's what I've been able to glean from scheduling reports and other sources. If someone knows better (I'm looking at you, NVUS!), please correct me.

And again, while I understand why the company is doing this (they'll save a mint on cancellation pay), I absolutely do not agree with it. This will be a pay cut for the erstwhile bottom lineholders.
If we were playing colder/warmer, you'd have gone from warm to hot. There's a lot of politics at play here and its not my place to post that information on a public forum. Sorry. I have a feeling there will still be plenty of cancellation pay to go around.

LMT was necessary. That will be more obvious down the road. MOD is going to be switching to RJ service to LAX (by an unspecified carrier on a CRJ-200, do the math). Why force MOD to endure the summer ahead at SFO if the service will transition to jets to LAX soon? I'd say SkyWest just saved a whole bunch of passengers a lot of frustration.