Thread: Skywest
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 07:18 AM
kfahmi
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: RJ right-seat warmer

Originally Posted by Electra View Post
Seriously, relax. Reserve duty will give you a stroke if you're getting this worked up and you haven't even set foot in the training center. The Brasilias have been "going away" since I was hired 8 years ago... And yet they are still here, and the cornerstone of our pro-rate flying, natch. This SFO thing this summer is just a temporary glitch, and things should go back to normal in the fall. On a side note about LMT and MOD: LMT was a terrible schedule for crews and passengers alike, and never fulfilled its promise while being one of the highest sources of fatigue calls. MOD is very drivable from other bay area airports, and if loads weren't high, was a logical choice to end service in the face of certain delays and cancellations this summer. Consider it a cutting of losses. It is not, however, an indication that the EMB sky is falling.
I'm not worked up...just trying to learn more about the industry. And I had my heart set on an EMB slot in SFO after all the great advice I got on this forum. However, I suppose the only constant in the airline industry is change. Thank you for your insights and advice...