Thread: Heading to Mesa
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 10:30 AM
bedrock
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: ERJ, CA

Originally Posted by prior121 View Post
All this Mesa bashing baffles me. Actually, it quite honestly makes me sick.

I am treated like a human being here which I was not at RAH.

I make more money here than RAH.

We have GREAT people in the training dept. We have two GREAT Chief Pilots.

I have only been here a year and I hold an 85 hour, 15 day off line.

I am looking at a fall upgrade.

So first year pay is two dollars less than you Skywest folks?

The difference is, if you get in now at Mesa, you will never see 3rd year FO pay, heck you may never see 2nd year FO pay.

Good grief.
It's great to hear MESA has improved its working conditions, but you've been around long enough to know the history of that place and the statements and actions of Ornstein. He openly despises pilots--that means you. They also made it their goal to be the bottom of the bottom feeders.

You know that we don't operate in a vacuum. When the majors play this musical chairs game with whipsaw we ALL suffer. You are being treated well NOW, because it serves their purpose and they are a renewed airline with low labor costs. Maybe you hit it right, get in, GTFO, don't care about who you fly for. Or maybe MESA will just keep growing as those mainline jobs disappear to be transformed into poorly paid regional jobs.

Meanwhile a great group of guys who have spent most of their careers at Eagle (many due to furlough from AA) are about to be hosed because they refused to set the bar any lower. This also goes for all the other regional pilots who said No Mas!.