View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 01:57 PM
sailingfun
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by Purple Drank View Post
Why doesn't DALPA file for an injunction?
An injunction for what? At the moment we have a dispute in the contract. Each side is claiming they are correct. We claim a pilot does not have to acknowledge a trip assignment until 3 hours prior. The company says the acknowledgment must be in time to be legal for the trip. The RLA requires a grievance be filed. DALPA made it clear to the company that the pilots involved must be paid or that will in fact happen.
If we shut down the long call reserve system the company would attempt to run the airline with shortcalls and reroutes. They would fail with the current manning and it would create the chaos you crave in 20% of the US airline system. If you have looked at all at recent as in last 25 year court rulings you will see we will get hammered in court. There will be a injunction. At that point we have accomplished little and in fact will have damaged our standing with the NMB.
Long term we will lose far more then we might gain.
I realize we have far more legal experience on the forum but in this case I will defer to the experts and a simple review of past decisions even I can do. What I am really confused about is we have a agreement so why are we having this discussion.