Old 05-16-2014, 03:41 AM
Loon
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: 737-Right

Originally Posted by ClarenceOver View Post
Then call me a failure and a loser because my first choice is RAH. Why?If i make captain i instantly become a lifer. Other regionals are getting 175's. Republic already has 175's. I don't want to go through ground school 5 times and i don't want 5 type ratings. I want to endure the suck only once and then get the seniority to have a decent quality of life. These kids that are obsessed with going to a major especially before even getting to a regional are idiots. Yeah i know i am one to talk because im not in the industry yet. But in all honesty id still rather have SJS than dig ditches. But 60-100k a year fling for a living doesn't sound too bad to me! Before anybody says the whole you don't have the right goals you are whats wrong with the industry blah blah blah. Come on guys, this industry was messed up as it is. It was a bad idea to start regional airlines in the first place and didn't make sense financially. Flame away at my post but thats just how i feel and in America i am at least entitled to my opinion.
No, you are not a loser. If you WANTED to be a RAH lifer from the get-go, then you are exempt. I simply said that I myself will have a failed career if I never leave(which very well could be the case) because of my initial goals.
On a separate note, 60-100k sounds good on paper, but in reality it's not that much once you start having kids. I have made north of 90k the last three years and boy does it go quick!