Thread: UPS Hiring FQS
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 10:44 AM
iahflyr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006

Originally Posted by Jetjok View Post
If I were a Captain at UPS and one of you c-suckers asked for a ride, I'd say "Welcome Aboard." Then I'd treat you like the Captain I first flew with, when I was hired at UPS in early 1989.

I was the F/E on a DC-8 going from SDF to ONT, on this particular flight. I got out to do my walkaround and cockpit prep and found a guy sitting in the jumpseat in the cockpit. I introduced myself to him and asked his name, to which he replied, "I'm a management pilot." I didn't say anything else, because I really was so new I didn't understand the implication of his statement. When the rest of the crew arrived, I told the Captain that the J/S'er was a "management pilot." The Captain introduced himself and asked for the J/S'er's ID, then told the guy he could ride in the back.

A long protracted argument ensued and only stopped when the duty officer, who the F/O had called for, came out to the jet. The J/S'er rode in the back, or the Captain wouldn't have flown the flight. After I closed the door, and was sitting down in my seat, the Captain turned to me and said: "make it cold back there." It was so cold back there that you could have hung meat, but the J/S'er never came up to the flight deck to complain. When we landed in Ontario, it must have been close to minus 15 degrees back there, and watching the guy deplane, I thought he'd fall over and pass out from hypothermia. A good laugh was had by all, and the Captain bought dinner for us that night.

That's how I'd treat you clowns.
How do you not get fired for doing that?