Thread: CFI ticket
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2006, 05:55 PM
mistarose
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Furloughed
Cool

Well, you need the Commercial Certificate because it allows you too get paid for instructing. Almost everyone goes "the CFI" route nowadays because it is a straight-forward way to build flight hours. It is also an excellent learning experience, and many believe that everyone should teach others to fly at some point in their flying career.

As far as doing the CFI and CFII at the same time, not really, I guess you could, but you must become a CFI before becoming a CFII of course. You do not have to have been a CFI or given any dual instruction to get your CFII though, its just a addon to the CFI certificate, saying instrument airplane.

If you have your Private SEL w/ instrument airplane, you just need the rather exspensive Commercial License then you can begin your Certified Flight Instructor training. Part 61 outlines the flight experience required for the Commercial Certificate, and varies depending on if its done under Part 61 or 141.

I will be starting my CFI training in two months, so take my knowledge for what its worth. Hope this helps.