View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 06:36 PM
nedrierson78
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2010
Position: CRJ-900 CA

Originally Posted by WWWDGG View Post
For those looking for jobs why would you come to Endeavor what's in it for you? Does it get you off to fly a regional jet?

There is a reason guys/gals are jumping the sinkingship not the flagship! What the union and company wont tell you! When you leave the company they are asking guys where they are going, many do not reply. Yes there are guys leaving on the CAPT side to United very very few at the moment since hiring is slowed down. Yes guys are going to the SSP but again it's slow. US Air has a few guys headed their way as well as jetblue and spirit. Other then that, that's it the numbers are small.

On the FO side I know of guys jumping to Compass, for instance a guy that was a 5 year FO at Pinnacle (Endeavor) Left last summer he now holds a better line then he did at Pinnacle. A few others who went to GO HO JET and have already upgraded.

In the first 3 months we lost 150 guys nearly half of what we lost for the total last year. A lot of them are FO's that finally realize there is no fleet plan! The numbers change everyday on what Delta wants, one day they say keep 200's next they say get rid of them! It's a game management will play as long as they can. If there are highly trained individuals that are willing to live on $1800 a month sit RSV they will do it. The hiring team has asked the pilots for suggestion on how to attract pilots because they CAN'T.

THE SSP is no where near a reason to come here, with more downgrades on the way and no fleet plan I would go else where.

Top Reason's

-YOU HAVE TO BE A CAPT TO BE IN THE SSP- NO UPGRADES IN SIGHT
-FO'S THAT HAVE BEEN HERE 5 YEARS ARE ON RSV (9 year capt's on RSV, 8 year capts getting displaced)
-MOST LIKELY WILL BE STUCK IN NYC FIRST FEW YEARS.
-NO TRUE FLEET PLAN
-WEAK CONTRACT - A PILOT GROUP WHO DRINKS THE KOOL-AID ( I VOTED NO)
-LOW PAY

(Side note the engines on the 200's are old think delta wants to replace them)

Endeavor =
No upgrades in sight at Endeavor? WRONG.

I teach CA upgrades in the simulator on a weekly basis (just finished two). Given the current attrition combined with -900 expansion there ARE upgrades currently and will continue into the future.

Yes, some downgrades will occur due to the Bloch award (9E -200 CA to -900 FO), BUT they are now pay protected as Captains.